A Hayward based advanced disinfectant manufacturer decided to migrate from on-premise Active Directory to cloud based Azure AD. Globalize planned and executed the project with minimal downtime or user environment disruption. The project involved four main phases:
- Planning – user and machine audits were conducted to determine which machines and which user M365 licensing needed to be upgraded prior to migration.
- Client Machine Migration – client machines were removed from the on-prem AD and joined to Azure AD and a 3rd party tool was used to transfer all user documents and settings into the new profile.
- Testing and follow up support – any outstanding client problems were resolved, and certain edge cases were addressed
- Old server decommissioning – Once testing was complete and all clients were functioning properly, the unneeded on-prem domain controllers were gracefully de-configured and shut down.
This project provided the following benefits:
- Improved fault tolerance
- Improved device management capabilities
- Improved remote user experience
- Reduced capital outlay for server hardware
- Reduced administrative overhead
Ready to make the switch from on-premise servers to cloud only operation? Contact us today and fly to the cloud.
- Category: Cloud Curation
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Location: Hayward, CA
- Employees: 50
- Completed Date: 2020